Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

2006 Ford F250 Ranch. The rear view mirror is turning dark

Customer Question

2006 Ford F250 King Ranch.
The rear view mirror is turning dark when when it is daytime.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Is there any type of light reflection coming from the rear of the vehicle shining on the mirror itself?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

No reflection as rear window is tinted

Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

I apologize for the delay as your reply wasnt showing up properly for me here.

If there is no reflection and nothing shining on the mirror itself this issue here can be caused by an internal electrical fault with the light sensor in the mirror itself.I have seen the mirror fail in the past before and cause this issue needing replaced.This is a common fault with the mirror light sensor.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.A 5 star rating is appreciated.Thanks Pete