Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years experience in Foreign & Domestic Vehicles
45790705

A/c comp not coming on, 1997 lincoln tc, took to repair shop

Customer Question

a/c comp not coming on
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 1997 lincoln tc
JA: Are you fixing your tC yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: took to repair shop said eatc bad but been reading eatc unit doesnt control signal to comp ?
JA: The mechanic is ready to answer your tC question. Is there anything else you want him to know?
Customer: no that it
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you

1- has the freeon been checked

2- The ETAC does control the signal to compressor after it sees the low pressuer swutch signal then it will power up th ecompressor relay for compressor to kick in

it is a common issue EATC been defective

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue

If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.

A 5 Star Rating is much Apreciatted

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

Thank You
Chad Farhat
ASE Certfied Technician

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
extremely busy and very disappointed with just answer chad the only problem is i am now on my 3rd module my mechanic diagnosed my original unit as bad that the unit had power in but no power out
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
my girl got a unit trying to help me fix by buying a used unit that LOOKS exactly like my original unit on the surface and appears to fit my dash but it was not the same part number and was wired different
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i got my old unit the original and took the exact part # off it to attempt to have it sent to b repaired by one of the ebay repair guys when i noticed most of them said it would not b guaranteed to fix compressor problems which lead me to believe something else controls the signal to compressor to turn it on and i am in a remote area and married to my businesses 7 365 and have trouble getting help cuz i dont get out much

hey man how are you

I m sorry you are dissapointed ,

i m in south Carolina and the had a big storm, it will be few days and until i m back online

i will opt out of your question & open it up for another expert to help you on it

good luck

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
turns out i think that i was half right so i dont know if mechanic checked freon levels i do know he very busy but honest and certified the car has never had freon added or for that matter checked and i have been forced to take it back w/out a/c or walk so u sayeatc unitcontrol the signal to compessor AFTER IT SEESthe low pressure switch signal then it will power up the relay to compressor to kick in so if that b the case my original module might b ok if the freon level low it also indicates to me the non-mechanic that the possible relay or switch so will test freon first
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
good luck i run a motel campground on lake seminole and had 172 calls for rooms from storm runners from evacuees so pls put the money back on my card u really seemed knowledgable AND I DONT WANT TO TXT AGAIN TO ANYBODY LEAST WISE ANOTHER GUY thank you and good luck and god bless storm surge kills more people in hurricane havent been watching matthew i worry more about tornadoes