Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

I have 08 f350 I keep getting a wrench light that comes on

Customer Question

I have 08 f350 I keep getting a wrench light that comes on the air bag light comes on and goes out with the wrench light occasionally i have had no turbo boost I did have 2 codes a while ago in system can not find paper with them but they were something to the effect of no turbo boost signal(?) stated possible cause was the wiring plug on turbo 2 was a turbo boost performance issue code I have not had check engine lights coming on and often when on freeway it seems to go away i noticed that with cooler outside temps it seems to stay off as well I have been worried about my dpf possibly the turbo bearings dont see any fuel entering my oil nor does my coolant level drop no smoke from exhaust truck has 202000 miles i change oil every 5k fuel filters every 10k
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: stays solid
JA: What year is your Turbo?
Customer: I am not sure how would I tell the truck is 08
JA: Are you fixing your Turbo yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have not performed any work on it so far
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: not that i can think of
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 5 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

Is there any way you can get it scanned again to get me the codes for both warning lights?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
ok i will get back to you soon with that. I have 1 question real fast you said codes for both lights when I pulled codes before i believe that the check engine light (mil) set the codes however the wrench does not set codes that i have seen or am i wrong

I keep getting a wrench light that comes on the air bag light comes on

Check engine and wrench light codes will come from the PCM. Ar bag light codes will come from the restraint control module.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer.
  • I have not heard back from you, so I assume you were not pleased. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris