Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience

2010 transit connect cargo. Problem with door locks. I have

Customer Question

hi, 2010 transit connect cargo. Problem with door locks. I have to disconnect the battery every night to lock the car manually. Mornings (cool) they work ok, later on (gets warm) if i press the lock button or try to lock with key turn, it will lock, then will unlock immediately, all 5 doors. Opening and closing the doors wont help.
JA: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?
Customer: Park. What is wheel lock?
JA: Are you fixing your Transit Connect yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Opened up the lock mechanism on the driver side, checked the micro switches, seem ok.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: please go ahead
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 22 days ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

So far this is looking like a failure of the GEM module.

Do you understand wire diagrams and wire testing and can you do some testing when the locks are failing?

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
How do I check it? Where is that module located?
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 21 days ago.

The GEM is under the left side of the dash. Using the diagrams and tests below can you follow these steps when the locks are not working.