Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
Experience:  ASE, NATEF Engines and Electrical certified, EPA 608/609
9290743

I HAVE A 2008 FORD LCF 4.5 POWER STROKE. THE RED LIGHT CAME

Customer Question

I HAVE A 2008 FORD LCF 4.5 POWER STROKE. THE RED LIGHT CAME ON AND THE TEMP WAS OVER 230. IVE CHECKED EVERYTHING NO WATER LEAKS, Thermostat IS FINE A/C FAN KICKS ON WHEN YOU START THE A/C. I ENDED UP INSTALLING A NEW FAN CLUTCH AND SAME THING HAPPENED. A FREIND TOLD ME TO REPLACE THE TEMP SENSOR. WHAT NEXT????
JA: What part of the car is the leak coming from? And are you sure it's water?
Customer: NO LEAKS
JA: What is the model of your '08 Ford?
Customer: FORD LCF 4.5 LITER POWER STROKE
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I CHECKED EVERYTHING AND THE ONLY THING I THOUGHT WAS WRONG WAS THE FAN CLUTCH. which I CHANGED TODAY AND SAME THING HAPPENED. NOW THEY ARE TELLING ME TO CHANGE THE TEMP SENSOR!!!
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: NOPE
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jeremy replied 3 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today. I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made. We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence! Have you checked the coolant to verify it is flowing? What about shooting it with a temp gun? Is the hoses reading above 200? If not and you are getting the red light with the high temp gauge, the sensor may be the fault. Now if you are shooting higher than that and you have good coolant flow, then check the EGR cooler. It will cause the truck to overheat when it is cracked internally._______________________________________________________________________________You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back. Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback. Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer! Jeremy