Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

2005 Ford F-150 4.6 Was driving when check engine light, od

Customer Question

2005 Ford F-150 4.6
Was driving when check engine light, od flashing, and trans fault read on my odometer all at once. Pulled code which was p0705. Replaced the range sensor. Nothing changed. Took it to a transmission shop and they told me it had to be the range sensor and so i told them to change it cuz maybe i made a mistake. Sure enough, they told that it didn't fix the problem. With your experience, any idea what it could be?
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Mechanically, the truck runs great with no slippage or anything like that. Trans fault and od flash goes away for a bit when i drive it only to go off and rings when i slowed down to a stop.
Expert:  Ron replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Expert:  Ron replied 2 months ago.

Roberto,

In most cases the code P0705 is set due to a failing Transmission range sensor and or the circuit to it and since you have had them replace it then I would suspect the circuit to it is at fault. Are you able to have them do some testing If I send you the things to check?