roy
roy, import/domestic specialest
Experience:  ASE master tech for 40 years
3506196

1995 Ford XL two will drive 4.9 1/2 ton 5 speed the back

Customer Question

1995 Ford XL two will drive 4.9 1/2 ton 5 speed the back tank will put gas In the front tank I can't use it how do I fixes this
Category: Ford
Expert:  roy replied 2 months ago.

good morning my name is ***** ***** I will assist

the rear tank will feed the motor, not the front tank. there is no way to make that happen. each tank when selected will provide fuel to the engine, not to each other

Roy

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
When I'm drive down the road the back tank will put gas in the front tank so don't tall me it don't do it my truck is doing it. If you don't believed me l can take it to a mechanics I will let him drive it thin he can text you let me know ok
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
When I'm drive down the road my back tank will put gas in the front tank you say it can't do that but my truck is doing it so help me it you can or call me(###) ###-#### I'm in Ca.
Expert:  roy replied 2 months ago.

phone numbers are blocked, cannot see it.

I will send you a link if you want to chat

Roy

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
When I drive down the road my back tank filled my front tank up I no you say it can't do that but it's doing it I'm sorry you don't believed me I will check Whit someone who would know you have to see it to believed it so thinks anyway
Expert:  roy replied 2 months ago.

sorry, I mis understood. I thought you wanted the back tank to fill the front tank from the way it was worded. my fault.

let me look up the fuel flow

Roy

Expert:  roy replied 2 months ago.

ok, the valve that controls the fuel flow from the tanks to the front is the issue. it has failed internally and instead of sending fuel to the engine, it is sending fuel to the front tank.

it is called a switching valve.

Roy