Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

Water leak passenger floorboard--condensation drain line

Customer Question

water leak passenger floorboard--condensation drain line clear--Mech. installed a/c drain elbow per Ford service bulletin--still leaks--a/c box under glove box sweats--seat mounts to floorboard rusting--no answers or fix from Ford--help?
JA: What part of the car is the leak coming from? And are you sure it's water?
Customer: clear water-cold water--no anti-freeze, oil etc. can find no leaks at windows doors--in Texas mostly dry conditions--run a/c and water on floor--leave a/c off and water goes away-
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 06 ford f150
JA: What year is your Ford?
Customer: 10 yr. old but in great shape--leak is ruining carpet -seat mounts-a/c box under glove comp. sweats like beer bottle in summer
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: ford mechanic checked condensate line-all clear-installed elbow to drain line per ford service bulletin but still leaks-a/c on less than 10 min. today and floor wet
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: need fix desperately-summer in Texas 8-9 months long-use a/c it ruins my truck--don't use a/c and I'm miserable
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Dan replied 20 days ago.

Hello my name is***** am an ASE Master Technician and I am glad to help you out with your question.

Expert:  Dan replied 20 days ago.

Can you see any water coming out of the ac drain tube on the ground? It may be plugged again.

Expert:  Dan replied 14 days ago.

Hello again Dan here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated.

This question is coming up on 7 days which means it will time out and close.

You have already paid to get this question answered, but you have not rated.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else I can help you with?

If I did not give you 5 star service, please let me know what I missed.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
drain was never plugged--did you even read the back and forth questioning/answers between myself and first person contacted w/ this business--are you aware of Fords service bulletin in regard to this problem and that Fords recommended fix for this problem does not work even when done by Ford dealership and Ford mechanics--Learned more from other ford owners w/ same factory screw up--Local shade tree mechanic fixed for free what ford engineers/technicians could not fix for money--will never contact this business again--
Expert:  Dan replied 14 days ago.

Sorry if I was not of any help, its hard to diagnose these types of problems without being there to look at it. I am glad you were able to get it fixed though.