Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

Wont start but iam getting fuel, good, 97 exploer, changed

Customer Question

wont start but iam getting fuel
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: good
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 97 exploer
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: changed fuel filter
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: turns over but wont start
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Ron replied 21 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Expert:  Ron replied 21 days ago.

In order for the engine to start and you you need good spark at the spark plugs, injector pulse at the injectors and proper fuel pressure (32 to 45 PSI) . Can you check each one of there things and tell me which one you are lacking and we can work from there to determine the cause.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
im getting spark to the plugs , when i press the in line pressure it squirts out fine, it ran fine and my wife got into it the same day and it just turned over without starting
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
ill wait for the call
Expert:  Ron replied 21 days ago.

The common problem if you sure you have spark as well as injector pulse is usually a failing fuel pump. Even though its squirting you may not have proper fuel pressure. Can you install a fuel pressure gauge and read the actual pressure for me?

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
i dont have fuel pressure gauge
Expert:  Ron replied 21 days ago.

Most Auto parts stores will loan you one for a deposit. Checking the pressure is the next step.