Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

QUESTION}

Customer Question

QUESTION}
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Expert:  Ron replied 2 months ago.

What is your question and what are you trying to fix?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Please see post
Expert:  Ron replied 2 months ago.

I see the post but its not clear as to what you trying to do, are you replacing the AC compressor? Can you please explain?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'm trying to figure out what may be causing the compressor to go out repeatedly. We are on #4 in just a few months from a reputable AC shop.
Expert:  Ron replied 2 months ago.

The proper replacement compressor dose not come with a larger pulley and should be exactly the same size as the one that came off. When they replaced these compressors was the system flushed as well as replacing the accumulator and orifice?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The accumulator, the condenser, the orifice tube and the relay have all been changed as well as a complete
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Flush
Expert:  Ron replied 2 months ago.

If in fact that is the case then I would suspect the problem has to be with the replacement compressors. Are they installing new compressors or are these re-manufactured units?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
These are brand new compressors. Also car was kept and driven for about 40-50 miles with voltage meters attached...all readings were within spec.
Expert:  Ron replied 2 months ago.

Well if there brand new compressors and have been installed properly with the correct amount of oil something else has to causing it if it not the compressors. What is the part that is actually failing?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It is the compressors that are failing. They are locking up. When they take them off the oil is clear and there is no debris...
Expert:  Ron replied 2 months ago.

Makes no since if they have plenty of oil in the system (8 ounces) . Have you tired a different supplier?