AMEDEE
AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN
Experience:  ASE CERTIFIED TECHNICIAN ADVANCED LEVEL SPECIALIST. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

I bought 1995 ford E35 ambulance to convert to a food truck.

Customer Question

I bought 1995 ford E35 ambulance to convert to a food truck. I was having to jump start it, thinking it was due to leaving the inventor on. ON the last jump it was driven about 20 miles, tried to start about 15 min later and it sounded like battery was low and would not start. replaced both batteries and will not start.
Category: Ford
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome!

My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 2 months ago.

Did you still need help?

Are you looking for possible causes or would you like me to walk you through this diagnoses?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Causes
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 2 months ago.

Ok, no problem.

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 2 months ago.

This is going to be caused by a no or low voltage issue. This could be because of a bad connection at or after the batteries or simply due to a bad starter.

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 2 months ago.

Some other possible causes would be a bad ignition switch, faulty sensor or aftermarket sensor or wiring installed on the vehicle.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
how can I tell instead of throwing on parts
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 2 months ago.

By diagnosing it using a voltmeter.

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 2 months ago.

So I would recommend to start by checking for voltage down at the starter with the key in the CRANK position.

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 2 months ago.

If there is no power, then we back up further in the starting circuit and trace down the root cause or bad connection.

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 2 months ago.

I would also check for voltage coming from the batteries to the MAIN fuse block or power distribution center under the hood. This may do the trick if you have a bad connection at or after the batteries

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 2 months ago.

If need be, you can check for power coming in and out of the ignitiuon switch with it turned to the "run" position. This will tell you if we need to go "downstream" or back "upstream" to locate the problem.

Does that make sense?

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 2 months ago.

Hello??

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 2 months ago.

Hello! It'sCustomerfrom just answer.

I am just checking in to see if you need any further assistance?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No. Since it was an ambulance. The safety switch was turned off so it was getting no fuel
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 2 months ago.

That will do it!

I am glad I can help!

It has been a pleasure working with you. Please dont forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my answer as "5 STAR SERVICE" for assisting you today.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.