Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Ford Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector & Ford Diagnostics/Repair
18617752

Mis fire #8, 99 lincoln navigator, I put new coil, No

Customer Question

Mis fire #8
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 99 lincoln navigator
JA: Are you fixing your Navigator yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I put new coil
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Ron Z and I'll be helping you with your question today.

There are a few other things that can cause a single cylinder misfire. Next, make sure the spark plug is good. Inspect for a worn diode or cracks in the body. If the plug is good, move onto the fuel injector. With the engine running, unplug the electrical connector. The engine should respond. If not, carefully inspect the electrical connector and wire harness for any loose, broken or damaged wires. A noid light should be used to confirm the injector is getting pulse. If these check ok, replace the injector. If the injector checks ok, next move onto intake air leaks. With the engine running, carefully and sparingly spray some throttle cleaner around the base of the intake. If the engine responds, this is a sign of a leak and the intake gasket will need to be replaced (make sure to visual inspect the manifold itself for any cracks at this time as well). If the intake leak checks ok, then ultimately, a cylinder compression test will need to be done. Please remember to leave a rating using the 'stars' or click 'Accept'. A 5-star rating is much appreciated! Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra.

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hi! I noticed this thread was still open, so I wanted to check in and see if there was anything else I could do for you on this issue? Any other questions you had? Was there something you wanted addressed that I may have missed in my answer? Did you find my answer helpful and informative?