Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience

My 2006 f350 seems to have gone stupid... it was running at

Customer Question

my 2006 f350 seems to have gone stupid... it was running at idle for 30 minswhile i was troubleshooting the electric on my trailer and then when i tried to restart the truck it wiil not start - wont turn over. have good pwer from batteries. the red security light is on on the dash. got the spare ey.
JA: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?
Customer: bulbs are fine including headlights. think the pats lost its programming but dont know why
JA: Are you fixing your F350 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: just elect troubleshooting... no mechanical work done since oil chanhe 5k miles ago
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: could the pats system lose its proframming and if so why?
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 24 days ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

An 06 F350 does not have anti theft. Is this an aftermarket alarm system light your seeing?

Where on the dash is this light?

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 18 days ago.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer.
  • I have not heard back from you, so I assume you were not pleased. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris