Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

Ck engine light come on ,truck surges then go off it picks

Customer Question

ck engine light come on ,truck surges then go off it picks up
JA: Has your vehicled stalled? Has anyone run a diagnostic test to pull the trouble code?
Customer: yes I put in the shop they said they couldn't find nothing wrong. then I took it to Oreily's said something a possibly one of the banks which could be the O2 s
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: F150 !995 Eddie Bauer 4x4
JA: What year is your F150?
Customer: 1995
JA: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I about a year ago I had a O2s put,3 months ago a module because it completely shut off and wouldn't start. I change the vaccum linr between the engine and the MAP sensor..i want to add it only do it after the engine heat up
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 22 days ago.

Hi. It would not be uncommon to need an o2 sensor. What was the code that was retrieved?

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
only thing I can remember something bout bank 2..they was saying take the 02 out right before cat converter, see what difference it make

If that is what they said it almost implies having a plugged cat converter. Do you notice and performance issues?