Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Toyota mastertech
Experience:  master tech at Toyota dealer
24571351

2007 Focus SE rear right clicking sound as I apply the

Customer Question

2007 Focus SE rear right clicking sound as I apply the brakes. I replaced the shoes, drums, wheel cylinders , spring kit & shocks, before this started. In addition I thought the drum was out of round, but it wasn't. It happens even if I put it on neutral and apply the emergency brake.
JA: Have your brakes ever been replaced? Have you checked the brake fluid?
Customer: Yes they have. The brake fluid is fine.
JA: Are you fixing your Focus yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I'm fixing it myself. I did the shoes, drums, wheel cylinders, spring kit & shocks.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: It only happens when I apply the brakes and as it's stopping the sound increases on the rear passenger side.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer and allowing me to assist you. First of all not actually being there I will rely on you to give me as much info as you can to get a good picture of what is happening so be patient and we can solve this.

When you apply the brakes is there just one click or does it continue to click until the cat stops?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It continues to click until the car stops.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I'm in a section of Pennsylvania where there are no cell towers. My phone connection is very poor.

ok lets try eliminating a few things, the drums are new right? even though they may be new can still be out so first thing of elimination if it's only in one wheel is to change them from right to left, also when you do that make sure there is no rust or dents on the backing plates that may come in contact with the drums, look for any shinny spots ,that would indicate contact. if rust is there clean off, if just two close you may be able to slightly bang it out. Let me know if this helps.