Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have a ford ranger '87. I have fuel pressure at the fuel

Customer Question

I have a ford ranger '87. I have fuel pressure at the fuel rail. It will only fire and run a few seconds when I hold a gas soaked rag in front of the intake ?
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
6 cylinder 2.9 electronic fuel injection
Expert:  Ron replied 8 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Expert:  Ron replied 8 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. If you are sure you have good spark as well as proper fuel pressure (32 to 45 PSI) then the next step would be to check and see if you have injector pulse. You can do this with a standard 12 volt test light by placing the test end on the power feed wire at any one of the injectors and the ground end on the other wire and crank the engine over. If you have injector pulse the light should flash while cranking. Check this for me and let me know the results.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thanks. I had it going by dinner
Expert:  Ron replied 8 months ago.

Glad you got it resolved. Thank you as well.