Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Newly purchased 2003 F250 Superduty Powerstroke 6.0, bought

Customer Question

Newly purchased 2003 F250 Superduty Powerstroke 6.0, bought an EDGE OBDII engine monitor and maintenance shows a P1000 code that will not clear
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?
Customer: P1000 DTC code and yes tried to clear it but it reports P1000 On-Board Diagnostic OBD Systems Readiness Test Not Complete - Kevin
JA: Are you fixing your F250 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, haven't tried anything, just getting around to researching the DTC code. Also havea P0272 & P0278 code which reset but reoccur after driving
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Engine has 82,000 mileage, I just changed the oil and filter and fuel filters (2)
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 7 months ago.

Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.

P1000 means the computer recently lost power from a battery disconnect or from a scan tool clearing codes. Once the vehicle is driven one to two weeks and all OBD monitors have completed, this code will auto erase on its own. There are no repairs needed for this code nor will it turn on the warning light. It is just for techs to note that codes were recently cleared.

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.