Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

I have a 2003 f350 diesel 6.0...when I turn off after

Customer Question

I have a 2003 f350 diesel 6.0...when I turn off after running 30 minutes and restart it wont start..cranks but wont start..if I wait 30 minutes it will restart.....or squirt ether in air cleaner it will start right up...what do I try to cure problem...other than that it runs great !!
JA: How old is the engine? And when was it last serviced?
Customer: 2003 serviced 2 years ago
JA: Are you fixing your F350 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing ..when it wont start I squirt a little starting fluid in air cleaner and it starts right up..does something need to be cleaned or ran through it
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

A hot restart concern normally is a issue with the high pressure oil system pressure not getting up high enough at cranking speed from a weak pump or leaks between the pump and injectors. The diagnostics for this concern is to check the ICP pressure while cranking at operating temp. If its below 500 psi then an air test is needed to find the source of the leak.

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer.
  • I have not heard back from you, so I assume you were not pleased. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris