Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years experience in Foreign & Domestic Vehicles

2016 ford fusion will not start and did about 10 successive

Customer Question

2016 ford fusion will not start and did about 10 successive honks in a row when my son tried to start it
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: It is a brand new car
JA: Are you fixing your Fusion yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Sounds like an anti-theft shut down of some kind
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's it
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 21 days ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are youy

i would think still under warranty on 2016

but you will need a factory scanner or equivalent to run a diagnostic scan & retrieve fault codes from the alarm module in the vehicle.
is it the module, the receiver, hood switch , door switch, wiring etc.. , it could be number of reasons & there is not a fuse or a relay that you can pull out to disconnect it unfortunately

But you can try a master reset on it ,in case it was glitch ,make sure battery has 12 volts on it ,in case something was left on and battery drained below 12 v and alarm trigger, sensing low voltage .

Master reset Procedure

1- Disconnect Battery Cables ( Negative

2- Wait 15 minutes

3- Make sure all doors are closed

4- Reconnect battery Cables

5- Lock & unlock the vehicles using the key from driver door side (if you have a key fob with no blade key, just lock & unlock using the key fob buttons)
6- Enter the vehicle and attempt to start

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 15 days ago.

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue

If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.

A 5 Star Rating is much Apreciatted

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

Thank You
Chad Farhat
ASE Certfied Technician