Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

I have a Ford Fiesta with push button start, the key fob

Customer Question

i have a Ford Fiesta with push button start, the key fob will not open the door, tried the key, no luck. Can not even get the door to open .
JA: Have you checked the fob's battery?
Customer: yes just replaced battery
JA: What year is your Fiesta?
Customer: 2014
JA: Are you fixing your Fiesta yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Tried replacing the fob battery tried to open the door with the key inside the fob, no luck, going to have to have it towed, have had nothing but problems with this car. very upset.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

Use a jack to raise the front of the vehicle with the rear wheels scotched. You need to get jumper cables or a charger to the large wire on the starter or alternator and ground to the chassis. Then try to unlock the door. If this works then you have a battery dead or weak or poor connections to it or a battery drain concern.

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 month ago.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer.
  • I have not heard back from you, so I assume you were not pleased. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris