Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Ford Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector & Ford Diagnostics/Repair

Heat not working on driver side has a duel climate and works

Customer Question

heat not working on driver side has a duel climate and works on passenger side
JA: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?
Customer: not that im aware
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2013 edge
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: fixing myself if doable
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 26 days ago.

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Ron Z and I'll be helping you with your question today. Please give me a moment to load in your vehicle and grab some information. Be right back...

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 26 days ago.

Thanks for holding!

When the air temp output is only correct on one side, this is more commonly due to a faulty Air Temp Actuator. This is a little motor that turns the door internal of the HVAC housing to switch between heat and A/C. The driver's side actuator is located behind the center/driver's side of the dash. To gain access, remove the steering column opening trim. The actuator is above and to the right of the accelerator pedal. Inspect the electrical connector and wire harness for any loose, broken or damaged wires. Remove the actuator and try to turn the door by hand. The temp output should now be correct. If not, the problem lies internal of the HVAC housing. If the checks are ok, replace the Actuator. These are actually very common fail items on GM vehicles. Please remember to leave a rating using the 'stars' or click 'Accept'. A 5-star rating is much appreciated! Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra.

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 25 days ago.

Hi! I noticed this thread was still open, so I wanted to check in and see if there was anything else I could do for you on this issue? Any other questions you had? Was there something you wanted addressed that I may have missed in my answer? Did you find my answer helpful?

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 24 days ago.