A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, ASE Advanced Gasoline Engine Performance
14865528

1994 e150 door locks randomly lock/unlock. Also my security

1994 e150 door locks randomly lock/unlock.
Also my security alarm sets off when i open the door or try to disarm the alarm with the remote.?? Using the key doesn't wrk either.
HELP
SJB

Is it a siren sounding off or just the horn?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi it's a horn.

It sounds like you have a bad Keyless entry module. But make sure there are no added on alarms systems on top of the keyless entry system. There usually is an additional red flashing light mounted on the dash near the instrument cluster or just below the drivers side of the dash when the doors are closed and the alarm is activated.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Could that be both of the problems? There is a red light on the dash as well. Does that mean there could be an addt alarm?
The remote does not seem to wrk as well, which makes sense if the module is bad.
Where is it located??

With a red light flashing, you have an added on alarm system on top of the keyless entry system. Look under the drivers side of the dash near the parking brake pedal and look for a black module possibly zip tied up to the dash braces. There also may be a relay in the same spot. That is the added on alarm system. It can be removed and the factory wiring reconnected and the factory remote keyless entry will still work.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok. I am out of town for the next week. Can I find you after 10/11 to help if needed?
Would this also be causing the door lock issue??

To reach me then, just reply back on this posting. Ad yes, it can be causing the door lock issue.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Great. One more ? Where is the "remote" module located??

The factory keyless entry module is mounted in the inside trim panel behind the drivers seat. The added on alarm module is usually mounted under the drivers side of the dash zip tied to the dash metal braces.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Perfect. TY so much for now!!!
Ill be in touch when I return home.

Your very welcome. Have a safe trip and talk to you then.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
55357;���

?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm very sorry. I have not had a minute to look at the van. I appreciate your patience. I hope to have time this week/end. TY. Steve.

No problem at all. I do have to work Saturday at my dealership, but I will be home after 5 PM.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thx for the info. I'll be in touch....

Sounds good.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Good morning. Are you around?

Just got on line.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
After further review. There is no little red light on the dash. I opened the panel and found the anti theft module. When I unplugged it the car won't start. When I plugged it back in the horn sounded immediately. I called the parts stores around me and no one seems to have it. I'm assuming it's a factory part? It looked like it might be hard to find one as well.
Does this also operate the door locks?? Ty

Can you post me a picture of this module you found?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
IMG_6570.JPG
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
If this doesn't wrk can you send me your email? It doesn't show up. TY.

Do you have a paperclip ICON just above the box you type your reply into?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Nope

That is the anti theft module. There should be a module mounted just to the left of that one. See the picture below. It is the remote entry receiver module.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I see it. What now?

Unplug that module and see if the alarm still goes off.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok. Will do. I'll be home in a half hour. Thx

Also, try this.

That first module which is the anti theft module, unplug it and use a paper clip or a spare section of wire and jump pins 13 and 24, which are the white/pink striped wires, and leave it unplugged and see if the vehicle starts without the alarm going off.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok. I unplugged the remote box, plug in the anti theft, NO alarm, car starts. Yippee.
Soooo I need that module, not the anti theft??

Correct.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Awesome. As soon as I get one I will contact you!!!!
TY.

Your very welcome. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
55357;�����

������

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am pleased to announce the module came today, I installed it and WaLa. It's good for another 100,000....... !!!
TY. TY. TY.

You are VERY VERY welcome. Thank you for the update.