Scott W.
Scott W., Ford Technician
Experience:  28 yrs. experience as Ford ASE Master Technician. Accolades include being a 2005 Ford PTS Regional Finalist and 2006 ASE Ford National Technician.
26022388

I have an FX4 Supercab F150 and it has a hissing noise

Customer Question

I have an FX4 Supercab F150 and it has a hissing noise coming from the right side of the truck. it sounds like a high pitch whistle when cruising letting go the accelerator and it stop making noise when i step on the accelerator or step on the brake
My mechanic thought it is the wheel bearing assy which he did replace but still the sound still could be heard but lesser in frequency
Category: Ford
Expert:  Scott W. replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is***** is this vehicle the newer body style or older style?

Expert:  Scott W. replied 2 months ago.

If this is the newer, there is a TSB from Ford to check the vacuum hose to the IWE's, the lockouts, we have also replaced many IWE's themselves and also the IWE solenoid mounted on the firewall. All of these compnents will cause the noise you are hearing.