Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

No EPAS! 2012 Focus, I've looked at the High current Relays

Customer Question

No EPAS !
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2012 Focus
JA: Are you fixing your Focus yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I've looked at the High current Relays but I'm not sure I was looking at the right ones. I'm only about 98% sure. And I tried disconnecting the battery and touching the cables together (I don't know I heard that somewhere) to try to reset the computer. Nothing worked.
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?
Customer: 141,000 and yes.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: When this problem first started the Power Steering would not come on upon engine start for a few months. So, when I would turn the car off and re-started it , it usually would reset and it would be fine. This went on for several months. Then one day when I started the car I heard a constant fluttering sound like from a relay or solenoid that wasn't connecting. Then I heard the sound suddenly stop and there has been no power assisted steering since. I just drive it with no power steering like the old days.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • This is not an answer to your question, just an inquiry if your still needing/wanting help. Because I believe I can help.

Do you own a volt meter and or scan tool so we can check the steering motor/module?

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer.
  • I have not heard back from you, so I assume you were not pleased. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris