Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

We have a 2015 Escape Titanium. My wife got in the car and

Customer Question

We have a 2015 Escape Titanium. My wife got in the car and it was dead. thought the fob battery was dead and it wasn't. Then today she is out and the clock stops at 10:32am and then started a half hour later.
JA: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?
Customer: I have not checked the battery but it starts fine... it was just for a moment there was nothing. that was a few days ago.
JA: Are you fixing your Escape yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I Haven't done anything but I was going to unhook the battery to reset the system
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Ford
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If you have not inspected the battery cables for being loose or corroded at the battery,leading from the battery as well as the under hood fuse panel this needs done.If any cables are found to be loose or corroded in any way this will need corrected to resolve this issue here.If the cables were already checked let me know.

I have seen issues with the electronic ignition switch on some models as well cause electrical issues as well as body control computers acting up.If the cables are found to be o.k. the next step here is to have the fault codes read out/checked using a scan tool that will plug in and communicate with all computers to see what codes are set in all computers.If any codes are set the codes set need diagnosed to locate and repair the fault here.

Battery cable issues,ignition switch failures and internal ecu intermittent faults can cause this issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete