EricFromCT, Ford Technician
Experience:  20 years dealership exp., ASE A1-A9 L1 L2, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master, Diesel Certified

My 2006 Taurus a, Alarm and lights flashing on there on.

Customer Question

My 2006 Taurus a
JA: Are you fixing your Taurus yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Alarm and lights flashing on there on. Yes. Looked for a switch, lubercated all the latches and manually locked and unlocked the door.
JA: Just to clarify, can you tell me which light it is? And does it blink first, then stay on steady?
Customer: Blink
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 27 days ago.

Hi. Sometimes a faulty hood switch (if equipped) can cause the alarm to go off. Can you check under your hood to see if there is a switch that the hood hits when it is closed?

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
I have what is called a hood ajar switch. How do I see if hood hits it when closed?
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 26 days ago.

You really cant see it, but you can try to adjust it up more just to make sure the hood is contacting it when closed and see if it helps. Also I have found if you unplug the hood switch the alarm should not go off, if that is what is causing the problem. So you can also try unplugging it to see if the alarm stops going off.