Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

My airbag indicator flashes 2 then 7 times. does this 2 or 3

Customer Question

my airbag indicator flashes 2 then 7 times. does this 2 or 3 times then stays on. what does this code mean? i have a 2004 ford F250. i checked the plug to make sure it was connected.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you

That means

You are getting airbag fault code 27:

"Passenger Air Bag Deactivation (PAD)Warning Lamp Inoperative"
or
"Passenger Air Bag Deactivation (PAD) Warning Lamp Short to Battery"

1- check is fuse #22 (7.5 amp).

if fuse good then it could be caused by the PAD switch, the PAD indicator, or the Restraint Control Module (RCM).

then further testing will be needed and ford or equivalent scanner will also be needed to pin point what causing it

so we can read out these part resistance values.

most of the time it is the switch in the dash for the passenger ,but i cant confirm it for you with out testing,

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue

If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.

A 5 Star Rating is much Appreciated

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

Thank You
Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
fuse 22 is showing power. fuse 22 is also the engine control fuse and if that didnt have power the engine would cut off. i have a diesel. is there a different fuse?also i unplugged the PAD and the indicator flashed 25, then plugged it bag in and it flashed 27. what is the difference? maybe this helps determine the issue.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
also what is the part number for the PAD? i'm assuming the switch and indicator is the same part assembled which mounts to dash?

oh i m sorry , i m glad you told me diesel did not say anything about diesel and i assumed it is gas ,, yes it will be different i m sorry. i don't have the diesel diagrams.

I opt out & open up the question for another expert to help you on the diesel .

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
it says a response will be within 24 hours. what happened to a few minutes

i m sorry when you answer back, it will lock the question back to me ,please give it few minutes so another diesel expert pick up the question

I will opt out again

thank you for your patience

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

Would you like me to help since the other tech has opted out?

Do you still want help?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
no thank you. i figured it out

Super