Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

2001 ford explorer 5.0 eddie bauer. Original problem: No air

Customer Question

2001 ford explorer 5.0 eddie bauer. Original problem: No air (hot/cold) coming out of vents, defrost nor floor in front cab. Rear vents good (blower motor good)! So, I pulled out the blend door actuator and it tests good! Fuses good! Now, how can i determine "why" there is no power getting to the blend door actuator while I'm adjusting the different temperatures, switching to defrost. floor, vent etc,? Is there another blend door that leads to that door that I can check under the dash behind the glove box on passenger side too??
JA: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: I think it is conisitent Never get air in front I know that the heater core needs to be replaced but, I'm not going to do that unless I get air in front.
JA: Are you fixing your Explorer yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Only air is what seems like seepage ywes
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Maybe, what pins to check just to verify power to actuator and/or harness to actuator?
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

this the circuit for the ac controller for your review so you can check & the connector pin out on controller

there a vacuum routing ,any vacuum leaks

the part of ac controller is vacuum operated , pull it out do you have vacuum on it

do you have auto or manual controls

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4y1hd1v5i5ioomq/5.gif?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cqwwoyv4nrask1q/6.gif?dl=0

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Im not getting phone service for some reason. But...Will it cost an ADDITIONAL $25 to talk?I appreciate the diagrams however, I al;ready have those
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
How much did I spend already?
and can u PLEASE provide a diagnostic step for me to follow?

YOU HAVE SPENT 0 DOLLARS ALREADY

you have to email customer service & they can answer all the money question, i m sorry i don't handle that part

phone calls are extra , but i see your payment failed , so no phone call went thru i know that

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hello Chad?
Unfortunately both my iPhone AND Internet went out yesterday in the middle of all our transactions/attempt to collaborate. Now that I have a chance to read your reply, it looks like the pics you sent me are not correct anyway. I have an 8 pin actuator which I believe only 5 are being used? Can u please double check that your answer(s) are based on a 2001 Ford Explorer 5.0L Eddie Bauer with an AUTO EATC + DUAL ZONE.
Thank you,
Art(###) ###-####I'll be glad to pay the $$ if I get something in return...Can u just call me? Thx again in advance! (I hope).

hey man how are you

sorry to hear that

let me double check for you and see if i can help, if i can and have what u need we can make the call .

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'm here talking to customer service. She's wasting my time cuz she doesn't understand English! Ugh
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'm
Getting a refund. Maybe I'll try again later

sorry , i doubled checked , this should be correct

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok. i want to start fresh. It says "You have an unclaimed offer!
Phone Call" "View Offer" but when I press <View Offer> nothing happens. Do you know what this offer is and how I can obtain it, time is of essence right now however. So, if you understand my question (for the mechanic) then, let's proceed. Please have someone/or you call me asap?
thanks,
Arturo Estoque,(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
What was the "view deal" for accepting to speak on the phone? Maybe I'll take that but don't know what the DEAL is. Clicking it dies by work here.