Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience

05 gt mustang 4.6 runs good cold engine warms up it

Customer Question

05 gt mustang 4.6 runs good cold engine warms up it hesitates sputters replace the plugs put k&n air intake car has 118,000 on it timing chain cover had hole on top had it repaired new cam phasers were replaced bought it not knowing what abuse the car had by previous owner had pick it up with 116.000 any ideas thanks
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 28 days ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

Sputters like a misfire?

Any codes stored?

Hesitation at all rpm ranges?

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
moose howa r u? no codes stored yes hesitation at all rpm ranges can hardly get out of its own way while car is at idle we took each wire off 1 at a time to see if it was a coil same on the injectors i think the clutch needs to be replaced
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 26 days ago.

Lets try a few things to see if that helps.

1. Replace the plugs if they are older than 70k
  2. Add fuel injector cleaner to the fuel tank.
  3. Use brake cleaner to spray clean the MAF sensor and to spray clean and scrub clean the throttle body with a tooth brush.
  4. Run the vehicle with a vacuum line removed from the intake and allow that line to slowly suck up the contents of a can of sea foam.
  5. Run it hard for a couple miles
  6. After 2 days of use remove both battery cables, hold them together for 1 minute then reconnect them to the battery after 30 minutes.

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Customer: replied 24 days ago.

Been busy will follow instructions will inform you soon thanks

the last instructions remove battery cables hold them together reattach after 30 min can you elaborate what the purpose does not make sense
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 23 days ago.

The battery cables steps erases computer memory and resets the PCM so it will relearn.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer.
  • I have not heard back from you, so I assume you were not pleased. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris