Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

My 2000 Ford Explorer (Eddie Bauer) has automatically

Customer Question

My 2000 Ford Explorer (Eddie Bauer) has automatically unlocking doors when you stop. It is stuck so that when you turn the key off, if chatters and keeps cycling the "unlock" over and over for about 10!seconds.Any ideas?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 5 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

With the vehicle off then while running cycle the locks up and down from the drivers switch about 3 times. Do all locks fully move and move fast or are any struggling?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
All four door locks seem to be struggling, and sometimes they get stuck and need to be locked/unlocked again. If you hold the switch down, the mechanism keeps trying to lock or unlock the door. It almost seems like an electronic glitch.

All locks are struggling even with the vehicle running?

Do you own a volt meter?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

Thanks,

It would not be uncommon for one or more or all lock actuators to start to fail at once. When one starts going this can cause a repeated lock attempt and that wears out the others. We need to get one of the door panels off that has a weak actuator. Then we need to test across both wires to the actuator to confirm its getting power and ground when commanded and that voltage is over 10 volts. If so and the actuator is struggling to move then that actuator is weak. Let me know which door panel you want to remove so I can get you those instructions and wire colors.

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 4 months ago.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer.
  • I have not heard back from you, so I assume you were not pleased. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris