Fix It Man
Fix It Man, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, AA Degree Auto/Diesel

I'm getting a message on the dash that says service power

Customer Question

I'm getting a message on the dash that says service power steering now.
JA: When was the fluid last checked? Have you heard any whining noises while turning the wheel?
Customer: The fluids were checked a few weeks ago when I got my battery replaced. I had a blow out today. Got the tire changed and I just got in the car for the first time since the tire was changed.
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2011 Fusion
JA: Are you fixing your Fusion yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I haven't tried anything yet. I was at the store so my first concern was getting back home safely.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Fix It Man replied 28 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** you tell me if only one tire was replaced? Is it exactly the same as the other tires?

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
One tire was replaced, the front two have been bad for a while.i got a low tire pressure message before the tire was changed but was still able to drive home earlier this afternoon. Now the low tire message is still there and there is barely any function from the steering wheel

If the tires do not match then they will not spin at the same speed. When this occurs the power steering will not function correctly. You need to either put two new tires on the front or you need to rotate the two old tires to the front. If that does not fix it then the steering angle sensor may have failed.