Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Toyota mastertech
Experience:  master tech at Toyota dealer

Rough idle and bad performance had coils checked all were

Customer Question

rough idle and bad performance had coils checked all were good when one was removed from passenger side no power loss but on driver side power loss my mechanic suspects valves being stuck
JA: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: I couldn't say feels pretty consistent but sometimes I feel like its running better
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 07 f150 5.4l triton
JA: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: took to mechanic he ran a obd scan and no codes were found
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: the previous owner removed that catalytic converter could this be the issue
Submitted: 29 days ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 29 days ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer and allowing me to assist you. by disconnecting the cat it would throw readings off from the secondary o2 sensors telling your ECU wrong settings or if they disconnected them then it would go into fail safe , either way not what you want for proper performance. If it has no codes then may be mechanical such as compression clogged injectors , vacuum leaks etc. how long ago has it had a tune up? these are things you need to check first to eliminate the guess work. Hope this helps give you direction to solve your problem and if you require further assistance I;ll be happy to do so.