Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience

Just trying to find some info,,,,,im upgrading my mirrors

Customer Question

just trying to find some info,,,,,im upgrading my mirrors from stock non powered to power dual sail, heated, power folding, electric looking for anything that will tell me which of the colored wires does what and how i need to hook it up'
JA: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?
Customer: what??
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 08 ford f250 super duty 6.4l diesel
JA: Are you fixing your F-250 Super Duty yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: im doing it my self.....i got the updated wiring harness for both doors and im at the point where i need to wire in power to the harness, trying to figure out how im gonna do that
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

Hello my name is***** am an ASE Master Technician and I am glad to help you out with your question.

Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

I can send you both wiring diagrams for the new and old mirrors.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ive looked up all the wiring harness diagrams and nothing there helps...these are aftermarket oem style mirrors....just need to know what wires do what and how to hook the up in the side wall conecctor so it gets power...does all the wiring need to be 12 (ie, does the folding wiring need 12 volts like the heated part..or is it all different voltage)
Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

yes it needs 12 volts for both.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
the entire mirror gets 12 volts
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I took a couple pis to show what im talking about.....the 1st picture is of the mirror wiring connected to the harness i just got...the 2nd picture is of the door harness that connects to the wiring block on the inside of the truck...
Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

This diagram shows wire colors for the mirrors.

Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

I will search for those 2 connectors you sent me.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
also i was told that the wiring harness for the doors that work for power windows and mirrors were plug and play.....but i dont think that's true. when your putting power mirrors and windows and door locks on a manual window, door lock, and mirror vehicle power still needs to be applied to that particular wiring harness that was not originally there
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
am i wrong? i heard it straight from the ford dealership and they once i install the wiring harness that the truck was already pre-wired for these upgrades in case anyone ever decided to get the upgrade (aftermarket of course).
Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

Yes the wiring harness is different from the power vs manual.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
even if i changed the harness from the manual harness to the power harness i need to run 12 volts to that entire harness? or just to the connectors that i want to work
Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

You should only need power to the connectors you want to work.

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
What pins on the door connector, (inside the door jam), do i need to run the power wires to?.obviously theres gonna be mre pins beings the new door harness's i have more wires going to the connector then the oem non power door harness?
Expert:  Dan replied 29 days ago.

I do not have the info you need, I will opt out and another expert will help you shortly. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Ok ty
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 29 days ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

Would you like me to try and help?

Customer: replied 29 days ago.

Just so I understand your adding signal, heated, power, folding mirrors to a 08 F250 with no power mirrors?

Are you installing 08 F250 mirrors?

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
i also have upgraded the door wiring harness's to the 08 power harness..