A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, ASE Advanced Gasoline Engine Performance
14865528

HAVE A 2015 FORD F150 PLATINUM 3.5, WENT TO GROCERY STORE, A

Customer Question

HAVE A 2015 FORD F150 PLATINUM 3.5 , WENT TO GROCERY STORE , A REAL BAD THUNDER STORM BEGIN WHILE INSIDE, AFTER IT PASS GOT IN THE TRUCK AND STARTED AND BACK UP THEN DIED , TRY STARTING AND IT STARS BUT IN ABOUT 10 SECONDS DIES AGAIN , AND SO ON , NO DETAILS ON DASH ,TRY LOCKING UNLOCKING GOT EXTRA KEY AND NOTHING. EVERYTHING WORKS !
Category: Ford
Expert:  A. Penland replied 2 months ago.

Can I have the VIN# ***** the mileage?
I need to check Fords database.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
1Ftew1eg9ffb84294. 27100 miles

Ok. Your vehicle only has Emissions Warranty because it has a branded title through Ford Motor Company. See below. So you will need to have the vehicle properly tested for trouble codes to isolate what is causing the problem. It may have been struck by lightning and at times it will not even show on the vehicle. I live in Florida and I see it a lot during the summer storms. This 2015 F150 is loaded with modules and a built in network that controls the operation of the vehicle. If a module has failed, it can cause the vehicle not to start, run or even stall.

See below.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ford is no big help regardless of warranty or not, I will try restting Bcm if not will tow to my mechanic

Ok. But keep me informed if you need more help please.