Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience

I have a 2007 F-150 with the 4.2 liter. The water temp

Customer Question

I have a 2007 F-150 with the 4.2 liter. The water temp indicates full hot after about 30 mins of steady speed driving. The actual temp feels normal, top hose not extremely hot, engine running well. Turn key off and wait 30 secs shows normal temp. Have had cylinder head/coolant temp sensor changed, no help. Is there another sensor for coolant temp that might be causing false hot indication?
Submitted: 30 days ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jeremy replied 30 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

You wrote cylinder head/coolant temp sensor changed. Did you replace both or just the one? I'm presuming with what you wrote that you only changed the cylinder head temp sensor. There is another one on the coolant pipe next to the thermostat.

CLICK HERE for a picture of the location of it. This is the one for the gauge inside the vehicle.

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 19 days ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

I see you have asked for a new tech to help. Would you like me to help?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

I will need more information prior to sending the offer for the 26$ phone call. Do you want me to help you?