Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

I am having the same problem. I looked at the engine closely

Customer Question

I am having the same problem. I looked at the engine closely and there is a tube coming out of the back of the engine. It is a small tube inside of a black covering for the tube the tube itself is red and it looks like it's unplugged from somewhere. I don't know where.
JA: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?
Customer: It has 212,000 miles and it is an automatic
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: It is a 2004 F1 50 with a 5.4 L Triton engine
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am trying to fix it myself. It starts rather easily and then just dies. I was going to do the sensor thing until I saw this little tube unplugged.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Are you able to receive pictures? I can send a picture of the two but I am talking about.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

There is a paperclip that you can attach pictures to.

The other option is to load the pictures in either mediafire or and send the links so I can see them. I might be able to identify the tube then and guide you.

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!