Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

It won't start, no spark, no fuel, but cranks. changed fuel

Customer Question

it won't start, no spark, no fuel, but cranks. changed fuel pump but the fuel pump is only getting 4 volts to it and not coming on
JA: Have you checked the engine's fuel supply? And the spark plugs -- are they all working?
Customer: i have not check all the spark plugs but there seems to be no spark, also changed out the coil, distributor, rotor and icm
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 1994 e 150 club wagon
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: my son replaced the fuel pump, i replaced the icm, coil, distributor cap and rotor, my son told me he realized the old fuel pump worked, the new pump does work but power going to it is only 4 volts
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome!

My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 month ago.

If at any point during this conversation you would like to speak on the phone, feel free to request a phone call on your end and I will call you right away. Or simply let me know and I can get the process going.

Does the check engine light come on with the key on? Does it go off while cranking?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 month ago.

No to which one?