Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

I HAVE CODE B00Ao WHAT IS IT FOR. ITS ON 2010 ESCAPE, B00AO

Customer Question

i HAVE CODE B00Ao WHAT IS IT FOR. ITS ON 2010 ESCAPE
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?
Customer: B00AO yes I have tried to clear it
JA: Are you fixing your Escape yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I am fixing it myself. Replaced the drivers pre tensioner. The roof air bags were bad I have replaced them and had the module reset and now I have this code
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Are you still there
JA: No. I'm the Ford Mechanic's Assistant.
Customer: Now what
Category: Ford
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.I apologize for any delay.

Is there a 2 digit number after the code number at all?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No there is not.
Sorry for the delay
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

I apologize for the delay as well as an emergency had come up.

O.k.,there are several different ways this code can be diagnosed depending on the 2 digit number after this code here.Most generic scan tools will not show this number but other scan tools that are fully compatible with your model should.If there is any way to get the codes re checked with a different scan tool ( a local parts store will usually read the codes at no cost) this will help.

This code sets when a fault is found with the occupant classification system.If there is any way you can get the other 2 digits this will help allot here.

Here is what this code indicates as shown in the chart below but as you can see there are options to the fault all depending on the 2 digit number after the code.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/epudqu89mp49kn2/rcm-09-25.gif?dl=0

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The light went out on its own I dont know why. I did use a new 2800.00 scan tool from Snap On so I dont know why I dont have the other two didgits.
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

The light going off on its own indicates the fault is no longer present.If the fault comes back then the code should reset again.

What usually happens is the after market scan tools usually do not have full access for complete code info.Usually it is only the manufacturers/dealers scan tool that can read the last two digits in some cases.I have a $5000 snap on scan tool that will not read all computers or display codes properly on some models unfortunately as well.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Hello I am just checking in with you to see if there is anything else I can help with here?

Let me know,thanks Pete.