Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.

RSC service now light is on...abs light stays on and it goes

Customer Question

RSC service now light is on...abs light stays on and it goes into 4 wheel on it's own and feels like it's going fall apart
JA: Is it just the ABS light? Or is the brake system warning light on, too?
Customer: just abs
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2010
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: just replaced the bearing joint on the left front side and the
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: that's it.. i'm not even drving it now
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Have you had the fault codes checked at all to see what codes are set with this issue here?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No it just came on yesterday
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

O.k.,with these lights on here this indicates the anti lock brake computer has detected one or more fault codes in the anti lock brake computer.What needs to be done from here is to have the fault codes checked/read out with a compatible scan tool that can plug in and read all computers.Once this is done the code(s) set in the abs computer need diagnosed to locate and repair this issue here.

In some cases you can get a local parts store to read out the fault codes at no charge to you but usually they cannot do the diagnosis for it but can give you an idea of the fault.

I have seen issues with failing wheel speed sensors as well as transfer case actuators that can act up causing these lights and the*****engagement feel but there are several sensors and components that can cause this issue so the fault codes do need read out to help locate the fault.

If you can get the codes checked in the abs computer and post the code info here I can see if we can try and locate the fault just let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete