Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Dealer Auto Technician

The heat / ac blower in my 2013 F150 FX4 supercrew started

Customer Question

Hi there. The heat / ac blower in my 2013 F150 FX4 supercrew started cutting in and out recently and now does not work at all. The heat and a/c still function, as each can be felt passively when traveling fast enough to get some air movement through the dashboard vents.
I've replaced fuses, switched relays to try to isolate if that's the issue, replaced the blower resistor (behind the glove box), and tried a new blower motor. To date, nothing has fixed the problem.
Any thoughts on what to try next?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

Hello my name is***** am an ASE Master Technician and I am glad to help you out with your question.

Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

Do you have a wiring diagram of the blower circuit?

Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

Do you have a voltmeter?

Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

The next thing to look at would be the switch or hvac controller.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have a voltmeter. I don't have the wiring diagram. I should also mention that when I removed the original blower resistor there was some slight melting of the plastic / discolouration.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

You may have a wiring problem or a short to power that could cause the melting.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
HI there. Can you let me know what good the wiring diagram will be in this situation? Is there a procedure you can suggest, other than buying the wiring diagram
Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

Does it have auto or manual temp control for the ac/heat?

Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

Wiring diagram will help diagnose, I have seen problem with the hvac module and it causes this type of problem. I would verify by checking the power and grounds to the module first.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
auto temp control, dual zone.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

We have a company at our dealership that rebuilds the EATC modules, we have an exchange program.

Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

Please reply to this if you need more help and we can continue this conversation. If you are satisfied with my service, please rate at the top of the screen. Rating does not close out your question. Remember, sometimes it is difficult to completely diagnose your vehicle without being there, but I will try to give you the best answer I can. If I am not giving you 5 star service, please let me know what I missed.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks. Unfortunately, other than suggesting that I buy the wiring diagram, I don't feel that you've provided any additional insight into whats going on. Again, the a/c and heat work. Further, there is no change in how the engine's cooling system is functioning, so I think its unlikely that the control module is faulty. I will be taking the vehicle in to the shop to have them assess.