Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
Experience:  ASE, NATEF Engines and Electrical certified, EPA 608/609

2003 Ford F350 2WD 6.0 Turbo Diesel, 8 cylinder w/ utility

Customer Question

2003 Ford F350 2WD 6.0 Turbo Diesel, 8 cylinder
w/ utility bed.Does it appear I need new shocks or springs?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

Do you have a lot of weight in the tool box, more so on the left than the right? I ask because the truck appears to be leaning to the left.

I would look into a support spring to be added if you carry a lot of weight versus getting new shocks. A support spring is just a added spring that goes into the leaves to give the truck ability to carry more weight.

Now if the weight is even or the tool box is near empty (that plastic hose in the back wouldn't make it lean that bad) then I would have the leaf springs checked to see if any are broken/cracked. You should not be leaning like that at all.

These tend to have the saddled break causing the trucks to lean when you have the tool boxes like that. I would have the saddled checked which are in the center of the springs. The pins tend to break as well.

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Expert:  Jeremy replied 22 days ago.

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as a open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Did you still need assistance with this?