Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have an 00 explore 2wd with the 4.0. It just started

Customer Question

I have an 00 explore 2wd with the 4.0. It just started shaking for a bit then off and on again. I hooked a scanner up. No codes so I went to live data. the bank 2 sensor 2 is steady at 1.275 volts. I crawled underneath and there is no sensor just a plug with a wire looped back in.
JA: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?
Customer: the oxygen sensor and no no codes
JA: What is the model of your '00 Ford?
Customer: explorer xlt 2wd
JA: Are you fixing your Explorer yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes and nothing as of yet. It's my girlfriends car and she described the symptom. It didn't do it for me on the way home. I hooked a scanner up and went to live data. everything seems normal except for the oxygen sensor bank 2 sensor 2. It's steady at 1.275 volts. I crawled underneath but there is no sensor just a plug in the wiring harness with a wire looped back in
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nah not really
Category: Ford
Expert:  kalamykid replied 7 months ago.

Does the check engine light come on when you turn the ignition switch to the run position with the engine off?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.

Do you have dual exhaghst pips from the engine all the way back to the rear of the truck? r do you have two pipes that come down from the engine and connect together before the cat and only one pipe from the cat to the rear?