Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have a 94 5.0 gt with a chip bigger mass air and throttle

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 94 5.0 gt with a chip bigger mass air and throttle body. It start loping lately. It does have an header leak at the head and 140+k on it. Engine light comes on, so I pick up the rpm by shifting to 4th and the light goes out. What is the loping?
JA: Has your vehicled stalled? Has anyone run a diagnostic test to pull the trouble code?
Customer: It almost stalls and no one did any diagnostics on it, so no code.
JA: Are you fixing your GT yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I do all the work and haven't tried anything yet. I hope to put a 390 horse motor from Summit next year. I still want to use the car til then.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: That should do it.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Expert:  Ron replied 2 months ago.

The first thing that you need to do it to scan the system (key on engine off) and see what the fault code and or codes are that should be stored in memory when the check engine light comes on. If you can get this done and post back with them I will see if I can help you determine the cause of the code and or codes as well as the lope.