Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

Was idling and stalled and will not re start, yes and no,

Customer Question

was idling and stalled and will not re start
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: yes and no, this would not cause it to stall anyway
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 99 f350 7.3 psd
JA: Are you fixing your F350 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes, have replaced lpop, icp and ipr
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  david craig replied 1 month ago.

Hi Im David, what codes are you getting?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
do not have access to a scanner, suspecting my hpop as no oil is coming out of oilers on injectors

since you replaced the ipr already, which would have been my first suggestion, let me think about this a minute

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
disconnected one of the hpop oil lines and oil was puking out and not spurting out, had been having slow start issues where resevoir was not filling with oil but replaced lpop and resevoir stays full but is not firing, anytime oil would barely spit out of oilers she would try to start.

having codes would really help. its a guessing game with out them..... i need you to check the fuel pressure with key on it should read 0-60psi. There is not really a good place to get the fuel pressure. We use one of two types of adapters. One replaces the banjo bolt on the fuel line on the front of the cylinder head and has a fitting for the gauge on it. The other is a tee fitting that goes between the fuel pump and the line to the engine.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
my fuel pressure is good, the last day it ran was seeing some blue smoke and had it idling at home and started blowing more blue smoke and stalled out and hasnt started since.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
will a snap on mt2500 w diesel insight do the trick for diagnostics?

im thinkin it will

checking in to see how its going

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

Do you have a manual gauge to check the rail pressure on the high pressure oil side?

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!