A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, ASE Advanced Gasoline Engine Performance
14865528

I was changing my dome light to LED and there was a couple

Customer Question

I was changing my dome light to LED and there was a couple sparks very light ones and now my power windows sunroof radio and some of my gauges gas and temperature aren't working I checked the obvious fuses number 22 and there's a huge bus fuse 30 amp its mtal. I got a plastic 30 a.m. big one and put it in there and it still didn't fix it to 2008 Ford F1 50 lariat
Category: Ford
Expert:  A. Penland replied 2 months ago.

Check fuse 115 in the dash fuse box. Let me know if that fuse is good.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It's a square 20 amp fuse and it looks to be ok. But there again i it's a square 20 amp fuse and it looks to be OK it never really read one of these before ve never read or seen like theses. It's a glass window at the top here with the round ring that looks to be connected all together

Yes. You can remove it and use a digital multi meter and set it to OHMS and check the resistance of the fuse. It should read 0.0 OHMS if good.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I don't think my meter reads that and I don't know what setting to put it on even if it did I have the om symbol but I don't have the letters OHM. Thiis very tough to do electrical via email I pulled out another fuse to just take a look at it it looks the same. whoul it look burnt out if it was burnt out. Could it possibly be some type a relay. it's got to be just a fuse I mean I didn't do anything I just put a bulb in Not too happy right now I don't want the expensive somebody else trying to find out what's wrong with this you know how expensive that can get. S o bitch
I can't send you a picture if I could I'd show you my meter let me know if there's anything else I can do

Do this.

Go to the dome light wiring connector where you were installing the LED lights. With any door open, see what wire does not have power on it, VOLTS or V/DC