James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

I have 2005 6.0 powerstroke when hot its hard to start and

Customer Question

Hello i have 2005 6.0 powerstroke when hot its hard to start and has to much turbo boost . all the injectors have been reworked with seal along with oil rail and new dummy plugs and stand pipes. just replaced the turbo and solenoid about 500 miles ago along with the hpop .
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 2 months ago.

Hello, was the IPR replaced as well? Did it start hard before all this work was performed?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
new ipr. It started these symptoms all at once. When starting it ipr is hitting 84.9 and pressure at 325 when hot. Can't find a leak anywhere even air up the system and no leaks sound like pump bad but it's new also. Just don't understand the high boosting. Also if I floor it in a short moment the boost will drop to normal and run perfect until it comes out of passing gear
Expert:  James replied 2 months ago.

Did the new HPOP have the update snap to connect fitting installed?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It was bought from Ford so it should have been
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It's the type when you put the line up bracket on it you tighten the nut to lock in place
Expert:  James replied 2 months ago.
that is the snap to connect. The most recent one is a solid pipe.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
what do you think
Expert:  James replied 2 months ago.

If that fitting isn't a solid pipe I would suspect it as being the issue. If it only happens when hot I would also suspect the ICP sensor is failing if you haven't done so already. The injector seals on top of the injectors aren't my favorite part to replace due to the high failure rate. I would suspect the snap to connect fitting as leaking though.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Well it's a solid pipe like I said takes a nut to lock it down in place. All injectors have been done. I'm so confused being anything
Expert:  James replied 2 months ago.
The injectors were resealed but it isn't considered a correct repair by Ford due to high failure rate. If you haven't changed the oil since the work was done I would do that also.