Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

I bought my 2008 escape new, from a well known dealer, and

Customer Question

I bought my 2008 escape new, from a well known dealer, and when I removed the dome light I could not believed what a saw. It looks like it has been altered with some hand made changes. I was replacing the dome light because the switch blew up in the door position and it will not work any longer. I would like to know who did those changes, was the factory or the dealer. Now I am afraid to hook up a new light, since I am sure I wont find a light with the changes the old one has plus it may blow up again. Please help!!!
JA: Have you checked the vehicle's manual for this?
Customer: Which manual, the one that came with the car?
JA: Are you fixing your Escape yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Well it was supposed to be a simple job, just like replacing a light bulb but it turned out to be a nightmare.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Eric replied 1 month ago.

Ok, without being able to look at it, it is impossible to say what was changed, much less by whom. It would really help if you could take some photos of what you say has been changed, including the light assembly, the wiring and the wiring connector. Use the paperclip icon on your reply box to upload the photos