K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  AA in automotive Technology, 15+ years in the trade

2008 Ford F150, climate controls only produce heat. Where

Customer Question

2008 Ford F150, climate controls only produce heat. Where should I look to fix, is it electronic or physical?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 1 month ago.

Hello, most likely the blend door actuator is bad. it's not difficult to get to on this model, all you have to do is remove the radio.Do that by prying off the trim panel and removing the screws. With that out unbolt the actuator and with the ac on manually turn the door. Let me know what you find and we can work further, I'll post the procedures to get to it below.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Does the blend door actuator control the heater core valve too? Why would it always create heat even if the bled didn't change?

There shouldn't be a heater core valve on this year model. If by some chance there is one see if you have vacuum on the line to it when the ac is on or off.

They default to heat when they break.

If you'd like to check it with a volt meter let me know if its manual or auto control and I'll pull up the diagram

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Check what with a volt meter? I will mess with this this weekend. Thanks.

The power from the control head to move the air door. Just let me know if it's manual or auto climate control. I'll be around this weekend.