Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.

I have hyper blink on the right side of car front and rear

Customer Question

I have hyper blink on the right side of car front and rear turn signals and the third brake light is out
JA: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?
Customer: its good
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2007 ford mustang gt
JA: Are you fixing your Mustang GT yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: replaced the biubs
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: thats it
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Did all of these issues occur at the same time here?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I figured out the hyper blink and checked fuses for third break light
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The hyper blink issue is resolved. But still no third break light
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Is this an LED 3rd brake light assembly on this model?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No it's a regular OEM type
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

O.k.,you model has a smart junction box that sends the signal out to the 3rd brake light.This is the same junction box that sends the signal to the left and right brake lights.I suspect the internal circuit in this smart junction box has failed and is causing this issue here with it needing replaced.I dont suspect it is a ground issue as it uses the same ground as the passenger rear lights.

Make sure the bulb is o.k. in it and if it is then the smart junction box usually needs replaced.You should have 12 volts dc on the tan wire at the 3rd brake light with the key on and brake pedal pressed.If no 12 volts the smart junction box is at fault.Here is a diagram of how it is set up.

The smart junction box is part of the passenger compartment fuse panel assembly and is replaced as an assembly.This is the view of it from the rear.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I should see if it's covered under warranty because from what I have read it requires a tune in addition after replacing the JCB
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

You can check with a dealer to see if it is covered under warranty to repair this here.Usually it isnt due to the year though unfortunately.It may need programmed/calibrated once it is replaced which is usually done by a dealer or authorized repair center.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete