Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

1999 ford f250 5.4. have tried to start with a jumper. turn

Customer Question

1999 ford f250 5.4. have tried to start with a jumper. turn key and just hear click. cables clean and tight
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
hi
Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.

If you take you 12 volt test light and or a volt meter do you have key on in the crank position battery voltage at the starter on the small start wire as well as the large battery cable

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
voltage at battery and voltage at solenoid
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
nevrmind taking starter off and taking to parts store. they can test it and tell me if its bad. its only 3 bolts
Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.

I would agree, if you are sure you have 12 volt power to it in the crank position and it only clicks that usually means the starter has failed.